I’ve spoken to hundreds of women who struggle with binge, emotional or compulsive eating.
I’ve collected enough data to know what this is really costing you, not to mention my own personal experience.
So let’s do a tally –
Let’s start with the simple and the obvious –
- Cost of binge foods (junk food + anything you overeat (nuts, even carrots)) = $50/week x4 = $200/month
- Cost of food you don’t need (most binge eaters eat until they’re too full at every meal, they hate hunger + you order takeout instead of eating your meal prepped food) = $100/week x4 = $400/month
- Cost of special groceries, diets and cleanses, etc, that you use to keep yourself on track = $100/month
- So total cost of food = $200+$400+$100 = $700/month x 12 = $8400 each year
- Years wasted in the pursuit of eating = 10-20 years. Total cost = $8400 x 15years = $126,000 so far.
- Likelihood of this continuing for the second half of your life if you don’t change something drastically = 100%. That’s another 30 years at least. Future cost = $8400 x 30 years = $378,000
Another obvious cost – time & energy.
- Time wasted thinking about food (includes planning diets, trying to follow them, getting distracted by food, trying not to think about food, lethargy and procrastination post-binge, losing focus the next morning) = 3-4 hours/day x 30 days = 4-5 days a week = 48 days a year (that’s 1.5 months!)
- Energy wasted thinking about food = 70%. Most women don’t even realize how much vitality, clarity and energy they gain when they ditch this problem. How would they? This has been their normal for years.
Time & money don’t wait for anyone. But the worst part for most women is how they’re feeling and showing up daily….
- Overall happiness – 5 to 6 out of 10.
- As a wife, not being present with their husband & not initiating intimacy. What would showing up as a playful and available wife mean for you?
- As a mother, setting their kids up for generations of unhealthy food behaviors, risk of obesity, eating disorders and poor body image. What is it worth to set your kids up for decades of success, so they don’t have to suffer what you are?
- As a leader, not getting the promotions they deserve. Business not growing fast enough. Not claiming opportunities. Cost = $10-20k every year. Over 30 years = $600k.
- As a person, living as a sad, powerless version of who you know you could be. This one burns at a deep cellular level, I know.
The opportunity cost of fixing food forever is over 1 million dollars, not to mention adding meaning, contribution, love and impact to your life.
Let me ask you – if this were a business, a stock you owned or an asset that was crashing and burning, what would you do? Would you try your best to turn it around? Or would you ignore it because other things in life are going okay?
Why then do we trivialize food?
Most women are too afraid to face the reality. They minimize the impact and believe it’s not so bad. So they continue wasting away hundreds and thousands of $, years of their life and live as a shadow of their selves.
My clients on the other hand bravely accept the reality of the situation, and ask for help. In weeks, they fix food. More importantly, they get their life, confidence & joy back.
If you’re okay being where you are, you do you boo. No judgement.
But if you’re sick of wasting away your time, money and potential – hop on a call so we can get you out of stuckness and into wellness.
P.S. – if you feel at a gut level that you could have, do and be so much more but you’re stressed out, binging, emotional eating, procrastinating and stuck ruminating, we can help you. But you need to want it more than I do. If you’re ready to make this a priority, book a free Breakthrough To Freedom call. We’ll get on the phone for 75 minutes, figure out what’s keeping you stuck and build a blueprint to get your mojo back. There are only a few spaces available for this weekend.